Monday, February 4, 2013

Life's Big Learning Curves

I feel like I am facing a big learning curve.  The Leisure Van has presented me with new things to learn about like generators, inverters, converters, propane service, tracvision, a microwave that is also a convection oven, dumping black water and grey water, filling with fresh water, keeping the tire pressure checked, looking at all the different fluids, charging house batteries, and trying to figure out how to play a DVD on the flat screen.  What is the difference between dry camping and full-hookup service?  What system works on what form of power? And I am sure there is much more to mention.  I have found several owner's manuals, and a notebook full of individual manuals inside the van from refrigerator to TV aerial to Carrier air conditioner.  All manuals are in paper and also downloaded on my Kindle.

WHEW!!

I can remember several major times that I felt this overwhelmed, and somewhat frightened at all the learning that was facing me.  My first real memory of that feeling was when I went to first grade.  I was walked to the school a few blocks away from home, dropped off by my mother, and sent into a room full of strangers.  The first thing I can remember a teacher saying was "get your hands off those desks, they were just waxed."  Thank God I was sent to the room across the hall and a teacher with a sweeter disposition, and loved being a student throughout my life.

The next time I remember the feeling of panic and confusion emerged around all the issues of puberty, hormones and sexual feelings, and something called gender identity.  Thank God by forty, I had figured out most of this.

Another noteworthy period started the day my mother drove me to Penn State and dropped me off to start my first year as a college student.  All my tears and begging were to no avail, and fortunately, this too began a wonderful journey for me in higher education.

The final mention I must include was when I became a mother and wondered why no one ever gave me a manual that warned me, and prepared me for this awe-inspiring and overwhelming experience. Happily, I have a daughter filled with grace and a forgiving heart for all the imperfections in her mother.  (And, she is doing a wonderful 'job' with her girls.)

I wonder how to reach the top so I can keep it clean?
Well, I am leading up to a short tour of our new home so you can see all we have, and particularly, all I have to learn.


Behind the driver seat is the door to the bathroom/shower

Behind the doors!

The couch that lays flat to make our bed.  Stove is under cover to the left.


Here is table set up in front of couch.  We hadn't move our stuff.

Sink on left and refrigerator on right.  You can see all the cupboards!

The driver's very comfy seat.  Latona has one to match on other side.



More next week on our progress...laptop out of power and I want to post his...Happy trails

No comments:

Post a Comment